Giffnock Curling Club is affiliated to Scottish Curling.
Giffnock Curling Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide us when applying to join or on updates provided by you as a member, unless otherwise stated.
Members’ personal data:
When you register as a member of Giffnock Curling Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering on behalf of a child under the age of18) we will ask you for the following personal information:
- contact details – name, address, email address, telephone numbers and partners name;
- membership criteria / category – playing member or associate; and
- information on mother club for Scottish Curling purposes.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
Members’ personal data:
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
- provide you with core member services, including, for example, insurance, licensing, voting, etc;
- set up your online membership account;
- send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals, membership fees’, information, etc.; and
- dealing with membership returns and payments to Scottish Curling, Braehead Ice Rink, Greenacres Curling Club and any other organisation providing the club with facilities including but not limited to, printers for the directory and providers of website facilities. Giffnock Curling Club will not sell data or provide to any third party for marketing purposes.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
Members’ personal data:
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in the sport of Curling by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we use for promotional, education and development purposes;
- provide competition in the sport of Curling by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
- monitor and develop participation in the sport of Curling by monitoring members’ engagement and participation through [insert uses] and inviting our members to participate in surveys for researching and development purposes;
- invite our members as award winners or guests to our annual awards dinner / ceremony, which may include asking our members to nominate individuals for awards and shortlisting such individuals to select the winners, who we will then contact by email;
- respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments requests for substitutes, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the sport of Curling and disciplinary procedures, for example, we will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, to suspend membership, take disciplinary action, etc. and
- any other legitimate interests and details of uses of personal data as may occur from time to time.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on [insert details]. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Who we share your personal information with
If your personal information is included in any images or videos taken by us at our competitions and events, we may display this on our website or with a local newspaper for promotional and/or journalistic purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Giffnock Curling employs third party suppliers to provide services, including IT, printing, etc. These suppliers may process personal information on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
Scottish Curling members’ personal data
As an affiliated club of Scottish Curling we are required to ensure that all of our members are members of Scottish Curling as a condition of our affiliation.
We will share names, addresses and emails with Scottish Curling who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Scottish Curling’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed here www.scottishcurling.org or email@example.com
Participants’ personal data
We publish the results of our competitions on our website. This includes competitors’ names, results and photographs.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our office bearers electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK / EU and is accessed by our office bearers for the purposes set out above and on a website under the control of the club’s webmaster.
How long we keep your personal information
Members’ personal data
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 3 years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at [insert address / email address]
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
- if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Giffnock Curling Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
You may change your preference at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at www.giffnockcurling.org using the contact button in the top menu bar.